Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Tuesday Treasures

Tom the backroads traveller hosts this weekly meme. 

I am reposting this from 2014 as it is fun to re-read some of our travels.

November 2007 - Egypt


I thought I'd post some pictures from our visit to the Valley of Kings in Egypt where King Tut's tomb was found. The tomb, which lies in an area that was not normally used for royal burials in the Valley center, was apparently quickly buried deep below the surface of the Valley of the Kings on the West Bank at Luxor (ancient Thebes).  We were awakened very early from our cruise ship beds because they were going to bus us to the Valley of the Kings as there was some issue with the ship going threw the locks to get us there.

We didn't actually go into his tomb as it was an additional fee, was very long line, and our guide suggested it wasn't worth it as there is nothing inside it (all contents have been moved to museums). We did go inside some of the other tombs but no photos are allowed.
This site contains some very good information.


So here are some random photos taken there.
Waiting to get on golf carts to take you into theValley.


Gotta love technology! Stay connected anywhere! Verizon Wireless "Can you hear me now? Good".


Funny how there's always a market place as you exit...umbrella is our guide's.


Just sitting and waiting...for?


One of the tomb signs.

All photography on this post at Junk Boat Travels are under copyright. If you would like to use any of my photographs please contact me first. 

25 comments:

  1. How cool I have always wanted to go to Egypt. I have managed to miss Tuts exhibit whenever in our area. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to see the exotic photos of Egypt! Lovely!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always longed to travel. Pre-babies, I had a wonderful trip to Europe; but I haven't gone very far since then. However, I fully enjoy the little vacations I take be they around the corner or an adjoining province. Thanks for taking me on your trips. (And thanks for the lovely comment on my blog.)

    Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting photos. I'm not sure when I'll get to Egypt, so it's nice to visit vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This must have been an awesome trip. Thanks for sharing these terrific shot. (the man on the cellphone is so funny)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so great to see these photos as I don't think I will ever get there in person. It looks hot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Egypt and the Valley of the Kings are sooo on my bucket list! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoy looking at your Egypt photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great trip. Can I come with you next time? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I put the Valley of Kings right up there with Stonehenge as far as capturing my imagination and wonder ... is there ever a time, though, when it isn't thronged with people? The magic, I think would be magnified by being there alone to just wander and wonder. Thanks for sharing these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! Thanks for sharing...and I liked your captions, too.

    The cell phones seem oddly out of place, don't they?

    Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the journey through Egypt! Now I really, really want to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just finished reading Rick Riordan's latest Egyptian Gods book, and now I'm seeing Egypt everywhere...thanks for the vicarious trip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That would be such a neat place to visit! Thanks for sharing your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an interesting place to visit. Love the landscape too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for taking me there with your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful place to visit!


    Here is my Saturday Snapshot post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for taking us to Egypt...I probably won't make it there myself and it's nice to get a peek through your pictures.

    Here's my Snapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Funny how there's always a market place as you exit." Our equivalent of course is exit via the gift shop. Our Victorian National Gallery dropped its entrance fee of about $6. It seems it more than made up the free entry loss by extra visitors who bought up in the gift shop.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ...this an area that I doubt if I will ever visit, thanks for sharing. Gift shops are all part of the scene. Have a great week Jackie, please stop again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd love to see it for myself someday.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love looking back over old photos. Egypt is one area I'd love to visit but I'm not sure we'll ever get there. Still nice to go on a photo journey. #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like an interesting place to visit. Too bad that most of the stuff has been moved to museums. It would make touring the tombs more interesting if some artifacts were still there.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.